Information Technology Professional with numerous years experience in leading high impact teams. Proven individual in both development and leadership positions with dynamic organizations in numerous fields. Looking for an opportunity with the correct company that is looking to make a difference
Windows 9.x/NT4/2000/XP, MS-IIS, , UNIX, Apache
C#, Visual Basic 6, Visual InterDev, ASP, ASP.NET, VB Script, .NET,
2003 Fortune 200 Company
to Ohio and Colorado
IT SERVICE MANAGER
- Managed team of 13 developers and QAA across numerous service catalog offering.
- The teams I managed had the responsibilities for Security, Performance, Data Warehousing, Internet sales application for the direct line of business
- SQL 2008 Upgrade
- Job Services rewrite
- Yearly PCI audit
- Helping us to reduce costs and increase speed to market.
- Managed team of ten developers for the Comparitive Rating Group Product team.
- Increased productivity 30% in first year. During this time we increased the size of the team from 6 developers to ten. We also rolled out a new core application, and overhauled all internal processes.
- Promoted from an IT Manager I to IT Manager in less than six months.
- Was made an Associate Dean of Internal training program.
- Assisted in developing and rolling out new core classes for Software Development Methodology and OO Principles.
- Worked on rolling out my DRG’s SDM processes to the rest of the organization.
- Lead for DDA Roll-Out Project
- Team lead for eTools team for 12 months
One of the Top 5 IT objective for 2005
Lead Architect of this project that enabled our business team to view the health our of quoting and buying platforms at a moments notice.
o fUnit Security
- Auto Lead for the Brand Project
- Senior developer for F2 rewrite of our Direct to consumer application.
o Integral part of the team. Assisted in creating new processes based on XP principles.
o Delivered ahead of schedule.
- New York proof of garaging project.
o Project allowed our company to sell online in the state of New York for the first time in the history of the company. This was a large complex project that was bound to the New York rate revision. It was delivered on time.
1998 Western Reserve Systems
to Independence, Ohio
2003 INTERNET DEVELOPMENT LEAD/PROJECT MANAGER
- Architects and develops large enterprise-wide Web (e-commerce) applications for major organizations while leading teams of developers.
- Performed numerous security reviews for national financial organizations. These reviews consisted of conducting interviews with client’s development group. Conducting ethical hacks of the client’s applications. Reviewing findings with client and assisting client with developing a resolution plan.
- Day to day management of over 20 developers both for Western Reserve Systems and at client locations.
- Development technologies are Microsoft-based and encompass the tools described in the technology summary above.
- Designed, developed and led team on a Web-based Employer Group system for QualChoice. This N-tier, stateless system was designed to accommodate hundreds of thousands of members and providers. The application allows Employers to view member eligibility, change primary care physicians, change address, add contract, add members, request id card. etc. An automatic login capability generates user ID’s, passwords, and allows for the submittal of referrals. Have created own web classes and reusable components, along with an XML specification for the request id card module. Extensive knowledge of UseCases, and UML along with XML, XSL.
- Managed the second phase for the QualChoice Provider System. This phase added additional contract information; enhanced the security module etc. Also assisted the client with hiring and mentoring internal Internet Developers, so they could maintain QualChoice’s Internet Applications.
- Designed, developed and project lead on a Web-based Provider system for QualChoice. This N-tier, stateless system was designed to accommodate thousands of providers.
- Managed and performed design and development of the following Internet based projects for Medical Mutual of Ohio and its subsidiaries.
- Led 8 developers while functioning as the Lead Developer on a large-scale ASP project called “Claimslink.” This system allows self-insured employer groups to manage their medical claims via the Internet. Duties included but were not limited to: architectural issues; design issues; user interface designs; interviewing, hiring and training new developers; quality assurance and programming.
- Project lead and lead developer for large-scale Webclass project, “Providerlink.” Providerlink allows physicians to manage insurance claims via the Web. Aided graphic designers in creating the look and feel, created Web templates, and created DHTML components.
- Developed a Webclass project that allowed a client to search for network providers (physicians). Took an existing slow 8 page ASP application and completely recreated the user interface, queries and rebuilt it as a 3 template, N Tier application. Created COM components that held the business logic, data access logic, and then passed the collection back to the Web template for processing.
- Managed the Pre-Certification Project which allows hospitals to pre-certify patients coverage. Functioned as the Architect for the Webclass (IIS) application. Hired developers and gave direction.
- Developed a Web-based application for third party Administrators to track worker compensation cases (Careworks). Created the user interface, gathered business rules and developed project ahead of schedule and under budget.
1996 Internet Today
to Middleburg Heights, Ohio
- Developed and administered Websites for clients of this Web-hosting firm. Helped develop over 300 Websites. Administered (3) BSDI servers, configured SMTP services, DNS and instituted back-up regiment.
- Created mainstream job resource site for Management Recruiters International. Site garnered many awards, including top pick site in yearly-published guide, “Top 500 Job Sites.” Upon leaving the company the site had thousands of paying members, and the total unique hits numbered over 1,000,000 each month. The site was ground breaking in numerous ways. At the time all the other job related sites, just had job postings and resumes. Using HTML, Java, and CGI (Perl), created a site that instead of having one large pool of jobs in a massive database it had over 47 different smaller databases that were the cornerstone of each industry community. In addition the site contained chat rooms, discussion boards, bookstore, industry links, and job board. A professional recruiter in that field maintained each community. Their task was to monitor the discussions, post links in their area, and modify other areas.
- Job Center 2.0 Internet Today sold over 250 copies of this hugely successful program. This program, written in Perl, allowed clients to post their current open positions on their web site. Most of the recruiters posted jobs on their Website by programming them within static HTML pages. The client could add jobs, delete jobs, add account representatives, and change their contact information. The best feature of the program was when jobs were posted on their home page with the click of a button they could post them to numerous high profile Internet job sites.
- Developed online newsletter in Perl which allowed many of the clients the ability to create their own online newsletter. From a form they could submit pictures, text, and headlines. They would then choose a sample layout. When they submitted the form, the application would create the newsletter allowing clients to modify this part of their Website on demand.
1995 Access Link Communications
to Lakewood, Ohio
- Designed and maintained Internet network; provided customer support of over 600 dialup customers; designed and maintained over 100 business related Websites; and performed server upkeep, customer support and training of staff on use of computers.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors for network, and equipment related expenditures.
- Created AOL style Graphical Interface for our customers. Without extensive knowledge or training clients were able to download files, post to newsgroups, email and chat online with other customers.
Prior experience was as a Computer Department Head for a boarding school (developed curriculum and taught classes).
Dale carnegi Advanced Leadership Training.
IBM Certified Developer – XML and Related Technologies, V1
ITIL V3 Certified